For this week’s a couple of quotes from history, while I generally don’t like quotes these rather struck me as amusing and true so without further ado….
– What this country needs is more unemployed politicians.
Edward Langley (I have no idea who this is)
– Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
Mark Twain (Author)
– The word ‘politics’ is derived from the word ‘poly’, meaning ‘many’, and the word ‘ticks’, meaning ‘blood sucking parasites’.
Larry Hardiman (I have no idea who this is either)
– Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
Sir Ernest Benn, Bt (Brit. publisher, writer & political publicist)
– No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems – of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
Thomas Sowell (Renaissance man)
and an extra one from yours truly…
“I would supplicate a stone or a tree and expect results before I would expect results from a politician”